Seventeen grand terrace homes were designed for a vacant site, atop a 1920’s reinforced concrete bond store structure, in Pottinger Street, Walsh Bay. The luxury homes were designed to reflect the context of the nearby Lower Fort Street Terraces yet have a contemporary expression.
Each terrace addresses the street and was provided with a garden to the street and a rear private courtyard. As the site was steeply stepped to the south from Pottinger Street, a central atrium had been provided for light and solar access to the southern sector of each terrace.
A new neighbourhood park provided the western termination of the terrace row.
Gadigal Country, Walsh Bay, Sydney, NSW, Australia
HPA Architects in association with PTW Architects
Walsh Bay Partnership (a Mirvac / Transfield joint venture)